Sunday 31 July 2011

Friday Cycle Training

It was really fun last friday at the park with all the ladies. I am really impressed with myself because my children and I cycled from home to the park which is about 5 km or so. At first I was a bit scared because I felt it was going to be a hard task taking on the big motorway with all that traffic but they convinced me that I can do it.
In the end they persuaded me to go with them. On the way to the park, we saw our Trainer who was impressed and I felt that I have finally conquered my fear of cycling on the congested streets.
The lesson I learned is that if you can think it you can do it and sometimes we create all the excuses in the world because deep down we fear how great we are within.
And Iyanla Vanzant, the African American motivatinal speaker, writer and Orator says it best,"When we give in to our fears and avoid taking chances, it is unlikely we will ever overcome the very things we fear"
And A Big Thank you children for your support, encouragement and your confidence in me.

4 comments:

  1. Very good workout!

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed my cycling last week, it's a fun way of keeping fit and meeting local people.

    Keep cycling, enjoy the weather, see you in September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you are the ladies i have seen at the Park on Fridays. I will join you, looks fun and ladies seem to enjoy it.

    Asumpta

    ReplyDelete